Health, Safety & Environment Policy
The Organisation is committed to the safe and environmentally conscious operation through a proactive management system. The Company has developed and implemented the PacMarine Management Manual which has the objectives of:
- Promoting and ensuring safety and prevention of human injury or loss of life and ill health;
- Avoiding damage to the environment and property, in particular to the marine environment;
- Enhancing customer satisfaction by determining and meeting their requirements.
The Company objectives and targets are directed where possible, towards the reduction of identified environmental impacts on the atmosphere and marine environment due to its activities. The Company recognizes the importance of incorporating environmental issues into everyday business decisions and activities, and monitoring appropriate technology and management practices which when addressed, if reasonably practical, will enhance its environmental performance.
In pursuit of the above objectives, the Company will:
- Operate, manage and maintain the company as per statutory, regulatory and customer requirements.
- Prevent pollution, and protect the environment by reducing waste and minimizing the consumption of resources.
- Use sound and internationally accepted business ethics and principles.
- Employ suitably qualified personnel with required certification for the trade in accordance with Industry and Customers requirements.
- Provide for safe practices in Consultancy, surveying and establish safeguards against all identified risks by adequate contingency planning related to safety and environmental protection.
- Provide a safe and healthy work environment and ensure the welfare of the staff.
- Comply with the relevant national and international rules and regulations and take into account the applicable codes, guidelines and standards recommended by the relevant industry organizations. Comply with applicable legal requirements related to the Company's environmental aspects.
- Continuously improve safety, quality, occupational health & safety and environmental performance and management skills of personnel, through a system of audits, analysis and feedback.
The policy will be made available to all interested parties upon request.