It is the policy of PacMarine Services that a working environment that respects individual rights and dignity is to be maintained at all times. We believe that every employee is entitled to fair treatment, courtesy and respect.
The Company will not tolerate any form of abuse or harassment – that is any action, conduct or behaviour which any individual or group of individuals finds unwelcoming, humiliating, intimidating or hostile, in any company workplace, towards employees, contractors, suppliers, customers or others. The Company also will not tolerate and prohibits any form of retaliation against a person because he/she has made a harassment complaint, or participated in a harassment investigation.
Every employee must Never engage in any behaviour or conduct that may be perceived by others as harassment. These include:
- Behaviour that could be characterized as offensive, intimidating, malicious or insulting.
- Sexual harassment – i.e. unwelcoming sexual advances, requests for sexual favours, physical contact or repeated sexual suggestions.
- Any form of harassment with the intent or effect of:
- Creating a hostile or intimidating work environment, including one in which employees may be driven to engage in inappropriate work practices in order to 'fit in'.
- Unreasonably interfering with an individual‟s work performance
- Affecting an individual‟s employment opportunity.
- Humiliating, denigrating or injuring another person
- Making racial, ethnic, religious, age-related, or sexual jokes or insults.
- Distributing or displaying offensive material, including inappropriate pictures or cartoons.
- Misusing personal information
- Spreading malicious rumours or use voicemail, e-mail or other electronic devices to transmit derogatory, harassing or abusive information.
Please note that these are just examples. Whatever the form of abuse or harassment, PacMarine Services takes it very seriously. It has no place in PacMarine Services.
Any employee who believes that he/she has been subjected to harassment, or otherwise witnesses or is aware of harassment involving others must report it to his/her Manager, and if not possible or appropriate, to Human Resources, or email the case in detail to MAYDAY@pacmarine.com . Supervisors/Managers to whom harassment has been reported must notify Human Resources.
The company's goal is to prevent situations from becoming severe or pervasive. Therefore, an employee should not wait until a harassing conduct becomes severe or pervasive before reporting it. Prompt reporting will enable early management intervention to take place.